So the other day the Native American side of my family had a reunion.
I guess it would be more appropriate to call it a pow-wow.
In order for a reunion to be a success it must consist of 3 things
NOTE: these 3 things are also, coincidentally the same 3 things that a date between opposite sexes must have in order to be called a success
1. FOOD
2. AFFECTION
3. ENTERTAINMENT
Let's break down our little pow-wow shall we?!
FOOD
This is an easy goal to accomplish when we are talking about the Spencer/Nowling side of the family. It's really just simple mathematics.
1 (table for main dishes, salads, etc) + 1 (table for desserts) = SUCCESS
oh and the salads most people would call a dessert. So you basically have 1 1/2 tables dedicated to dessert.
And that is how we roll.
One more thing...whoever made that cookies and cream salad is my new bff.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
AFFECTION
Whether it is a punch in the arm (Kami), slap on the butt, Cheeto (you know who you are), hug, or a tiger kiss, my family is an affectionate family. I also consider a good old conversation affection. So seeing how there were relatives that we hadn't seen in years, you can believe that affection was not absent.
Kami, Mrs. Sweaty Pits (we just got done playing softball, ok!), Mom
The Indian sisters
aka my gram (on the far right) and her sisters
The boys chatting it up about stuff that you don't want to know about. And neither do I.
Aunt Kari, Grams, Mom
More of the fam. Starting from the far left we have:
Brandon, Clayton, Kami, Erik, Matt, Uncle Kelly, Brian (head cut off), and Ali.
ENTERTAINMENT
Can you say B-I-N-G-O?
Ty showing Pops his winnings.
This kid scored big time.
This beautiful hat was the prize I wanted him to choose, but as you can see he wasn't exactly ecstatic about it.
Softball
We like it.
So as you can see this reunion had it all
Food
Affection
Entertainment
It was a success!



3 comments:
I surely wish Ty would have chosen that awesome hat. It would have been a conversation piece for sure! Thanks for helping with the transportation.
That hat is awesome! Ty totally should have chosen it! I'm thinking I need to try that cream salad?! Sounds delish!
Looks like a fun day!
Ha! Ty had a lot of wonderful prizes and even picked some great prizes out for Kace. But...alas, the hat was not one of them. Oh well, what can ya do? It was fun and thanks everyone for coming. Love you all!
Post a Comment