I will not be saying much on this subject.
period.
I think these pictures pretty much sum it up.
It was a slow painful death.
I don't know what was more painful my own agony over the humiliating loss
or
my husbands emotional game experience where he sat up all night stewing about the game and didn't fall asleep until 330AM!
or
watching my dad's (who was so excited for this "amazing" football season to start that he wanted to paint their driveway BYU blue) face fall as BYU committed their own suicide. He is considering not renewing his season tickets next hear (I'm hoping that is just "talk")
Keep in mind this is the same pops who has held season tickets since 1982. In those 29 years he has missed 3 Games! THREE!
Years ago his Grandma died and her funeral was the same day as a BYU home *gasp* football game. He convinced them to move the funeral time earlier so he could make it to the game on time. Oh and PS he was also one of the pallbearers.
He flies out of state to 1 or 2 away games a year.
He signed my mom, myself and my sisters up for BYU football camp without asking permission.
Some of my fondest memories growing up were going to BYU games with the family.
Tradition.
Spirit.
This team just needs to locate the Honor.
I hear a touchdown every now and then feels pretty good.
Offense...if you are out there...try it. You might like it.
Oh and Heaps...
In your post game interviews you say, "I feel like our offense, you know, we did a pretty good job today as far as moving the football."
***NEWS FLASH***
YOU DIDN'T MOVE THE BALL THAT WELL! HAVE YOU SEEN THE STATS? DOES THE NUMBER 11 MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? NO? IT SHOULD THAT IS HOW MANY RUSHING YARDS YOU GUYS RECIEVED AFTER 4 QUARTERS OF PLAY! YOU GUYS MADE THE UTES LOOK LIKE A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM (which we all know they aren't). STOP PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK. TAKE SOME OF THE BLAME. MAN UP. GET SOME BALLS (yes I did just say that...sorry mom). WORK HARDER. LEARN TO THROW A CATCHABLE BALL. EVEN TRY THROWING ONE INTO THE END ZONE. YOU MIGHT LIKE IT. I DARE YOU!
ok so I guess I had a little more to say on the subject than previously mentioned.
There isn't many things worse than a horrific loss to the U.
There isn't many things worse than a horrific loss to the U.
I'm told that time heals all wounds.
Until then I'm going to keep listening to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing..."
Now I leave you with a few PRE-GAME PHOTOS.
Keep in mind when I took these photos I have full intention on gloating our victory. Now they serve as a humble reminder of HUMILIATION DAY.
At least we started a new tradition of going to Yogurtland before the game. At least this event left us with a good taste in our mouths.
Clayton even bought "Game Day Shoes"
The most exciting part of the game was watching Brandon try to put on an undershirt without taking his top shirt off. Follow that???
Yes the girl in Red is Utah Fan. And Yes she is his girlfriend. At least I think she still is.
Marcy is pretty cool. Except for the whole Ute fan thing.
Obviously pre game photo because we are still smiling.
Obviously the game in now in progress because there isn't a single smile on their faces
Fake smile.
Kinda regret that "we are # 1" hand gesture now, don't ya Rach.
Now if anyone needs me I will be curled up in the fetal position on my couch trying desperately to erase the horrible, no good memories of Saturday.
ps. if you are a Ute fan reading this, please do not rub the salt in the wounds.
PLEASE!
ps. if you are a Ute fan reading this, please do not rub the salt in the wounds.
PLEASE!



9 comments:
it s.u.c.k.e.d.
I read an article today saying that everybody that wasn't named Jake Heaps was humble in their post game interviews. interesting.
Hilarious post. Sorry you had to witness such a tragedy in person.
Heidi I am a friend of Rachels and follow your blog. I love this post and just might have to copy it onto my blog. We are BYU season ticket holders too. Saturdays game was ugly. So embarrassing. I sure hope Fridays game is a different story. Thanks for the post expressing how all of us BYU fans felt.
I've been waiting for your post about this game and wondered what you'd have to say. I thought of your poor family at the game and really hope BYU pulls it together before "Pops" pulls his season tickets. Cougar Stadium just wouldn't be right without the Awesome Andrews Clan...
I didn't even need to read it. I saw the title and knew exactly what it was about. You know me. You know I bleed both colors. But HOLY GRACIOUS that was quite possibly the most atrocious display of non-football playing I've ever seen. My word. Even the red part of me was disgusted. Ugh.
Yesterday there was an email circulating around here:
"In light of last night’s Holy War, University of Utah students will no longer receive an F as a failing grade. It’s being replaced by a Y, which is now considered the most pathetic performance possible.
Also: BYU will be removing all desserts from their cafeteria menu except for turnovers, which they have in great supply."
Sad...but true. Dare I say, there is only UP from here? Heaven help us...
I'm not a Ute fan, even though I have a masters degree from there, but I am an AGGIE fan (which you should be too Heidi) so here's rubbing some salt in your wound! HA HA!
Oh and to make it more glorious for us Aggies, I took my 3 month old boy to his first football game last year when the cougies came to town and well, no need bringing up even more bad memories for you!
:)
Humiliated and ashamed is so right! Man! That was ugly and we still haven't gotten over it. I do hope we can still get season tickets! Well...Yogurtland was good anyway. We probably should have just stayed there. I don't know what to think. Football camp was fun too....many years ago. Oh well, someday we will get over this, I hope!
There was one good thing about Saturday for you guys: you got to see ME! That was fun huh?! 2 times in 1 weekend?? That's happy!
P.s. Sorry for your loss... :) :) :)
me = ute fan.
salt = rubbing.
Post a Comment