Our weekends have been full with last minute summer activities.
Here is what we have been doing
End of summer pool run with Kace and Tythe boys had this great idea to run and jump over our heads. The best part? All we had to do was sit there. The worst? My underwater camera died and it is going to cost me $125 to fix it. grrrrr
Weekend in a cabin at Bear Lake with great friends
and not to mention good food!
Bear Lake Raspberry shake
don't let Clayton's face fool you. He has never once gotten that excited for ice cream.
Raspberry-Brownie shakes are delicious.
Trust me.
Box Elder County Fair Parade
my adorable niece, Hadlee Jo
Have you ever seen the missionaries in a parade???
Oh Chloe!
Next year I'm going to coach you on how to get the maximum candy possible. With a face as cute as yours you should be raking in the loot.
ps. I think all of Tremonton needs a lesson on picking up candy. We drove down the street 3 hours after the parade and there was candy all over!
Gardner's Market
We have hardly missed a week.
Birthday celebration of this beautiful (YOUNG) lady/mom
Eating Iranian cookies
a friend from Iran made me these. They were really good.
Sleeping under the stars in our backyard
with a ginormous furry orange spider.
oh and our campfire is the candle.
and last but not least...
FOOTBALL SEASON HAS STARTED
we have been counting down to this for months. Mom and Dad decided that the downstairs family room would be the official BYU room for the season. dad also wanted to paint the lawn and/or the driveway, but mom used her veto power on that one.
Clayton and I made this brownie/ice cream cake for the occasion.
Pretty sweet if I do say so myself.
"Everyone give me their best fake cheer"
I would have had a hard time posting this last event if BYU wouldn't have won. Thankfully BYU pulled their heads out in the 4th quarter and came away with the win.
Bring on Texas!
7 comments:
Love the cake! Looks familiar...
oh hahahahaha! Loved everything. Loved especially that BYU won and that I didn't have to paint my lawn. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful memories with us. How very fun!
I think I need you to come over and help me with kace's bday cake. kapish?
RISE AND SHOUT!
COMPLETELY agree with your summation of the game there at the end. Seriously, I jumped up and down on my friend (and I use that term loosely)'s couch! And, because the readers of this blog will enjoy/believe this: I TOTALLY called that. Approximately 2 plays before the Van Noy miracle, I sad aloud, "I wanna defensive TD. That's what I need here." A few people around me stared in befuddlement...til it freakin HAPPENED!! Seriously! There are witnesses...most of whom are guys who will now never date me because it is obvious that I understand the blessed game WAAAAAYYYY better than they ever will. Whatev. Still glad they won.
Here come the Longhorns...
Oh and...
RISE UP!!!!!!!!!
What the?! There was really candy left over after a parade? Something is VERY wrong with that picture! That's my favorite part of parades :).
That brownie/ice cream cake looks and sounds delish!! I'm completely impressed!
I think we need an entire "How To" blog post devoted to the brownie/ice cream cake. I'm serious. Oh, and I LOVE the BYU basement. You guys totally rock!!!
Post a Comment