Tuesday, September 13, 2011

HIS & HERS

The Mr and I are very similar
So similar that sometimes it is creepy
Pretty sure there isn't anyone in this entire world who has interests as close to mine as Clayton does.


A few examples of our similarities is as follows

1. Neither of us likes to sleep in.  If we are in bed past 7am we feel guilty that the day has passed us by.
I randomly found this picture.  This is right after we had bought a new softball bat.  Clayton was so excited that he slept with it.  That bat saw more action that night than I did.

2. Love of travel.  We would much rather spend our money on traveling than "things".  Things = items for the house (this could be why 2 years later our walls are still bare) and toys (i.e. four wheelers, jet skis, etc).

3. Running.  I already had a love/hate relationship with running when we got married.  Clayton started running at the beginning of our marriage.  Now we run together.  Unless he feels the urge to totally kick my butt and leave me in the dust. 

4. Subaru's.  One of the first things that excited me about Clayton was that he drove a Subaru.  If he drove a Subaru he had to be cool.  It was my dream car.  Although it must come without the following: Obama and Gay Pride stickers. 

5. Dislike for all things Disneyland.  This stems from motion sickness and feeling like we are leaving the park with germs covering our bodies.  Goodbye Health.  Hello Head Lice.

FYI this is NOT the happiest place on earth. 

We both question what we are going to do when our kids are just "dying" to go there.  Either we grin and bare it or convince them at an early age that Disney Land is an abomination...it is of the devil.
6. Sun.  lots of sun. Sun for warmth.  Sun for tan.  Sun for swimming.  Sun for happiness.  love for sun and hatred for cold go hand in hand.


Those are just some of our similarities.  I could go on for hours with lists, but that isn't what this post is about.  this post is about the few differences we have.

This first on the differences list has to do with our camping trip at Sunrise last weekend.

1. Camping (which we both Love, but have a few differences on when it comes to food)
His favorite part of camping 
Her favorite part of camping
His "dog" roasted to perfection
Her "dog" roasted to perfection
His ideal cooked marshmallow
Her ideal cooked marshmallow
2. Pizza dipping sauces
His dipping sauce of choice (marinara sauce or ranch)
Her dipping sauce of choice (don't judge)
3. Treats
His favorite treat
any thing from this place...nachos, taquitos, etc.
Her favorite treat
duh...
4. Reading.  
She loves to read. 
currently reading
He says, "Why ruin a good movie with a book!?!
Although he should support my reading habit because it is only when i am reading that he is allowed to play Angry Birds or Stupid Zombies.

5. Favorite way to spend money besides traveling.
Hers (travel books)
His (investing...although I guess investing isn't really spending money...)
"It is the things in common that make relationships enjoyable, but it is the little differences that make them interesting."
- Ruthman (yeah not sure who that is either...I just liked the quote)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

So if I remember correctly you USED to really like to sleep in. I used to wish I could sleep in like you.

I read the help and LOVED it. We should go see the movie sometime.

Nate isn't allowed to go to Beto's. We went there once, NEVER AGAIN! Obviously doesn't have the same effect on Clayton.

Karen Ella said...

CAN I PLEASE COME SEE THE HELP WITH YOU!?!? I saw it twice in one day. No kidding. My friends surprised me and took me to it for the afternoon showing last Saturday...and then I went back that night. Seriously.

Heid...I think you and Clayton should be on TV. Someday when I have my own channel on "BYUTV"...I'd have you guys on a reality show. People would LOVE you. You'd be on right after So You Think You Can Date...

Laura Burtis said...

Fantastic post!! I think y'all are crazy for not liking to sleep in... Michael feels the same way though, when he sleeps in he feels like he has wasted half the day - I, on the other hand, think it's a FANTASTIC way to spend my morning, I LOVE my sleep! Go to bed early, and sleep in, that's heaven to me!
And I literally laughed out loud at "Why ruin a good movie with a book.." HAHAHA!!! Too funny! I'm so excited to hear what you think about The Help - it's one of my fave's!!

See you Friday! YAY for Lagoon!! Can't wait!

mom said...

hahhaha! I like my hotdogs like you, but my marshmellows like Clayton. I can't wait until we see the movie, but it might be out on DVD by then. But...we'll have a party at someone's house and watch it together! Both of you compliment each other so much and you're like two peas in a pod! Love you both

Mary Kaye Olsen said...

AHHHHHH, what a beautiful post!!! You guys are great together.

Emilee said...

you guys are crack ups! and i either made up a memory, or i actually have one of us at lagoon and you having fun, and lagoon is way more gross than D-land. we actually just got back from there and i was shocked at how clean it was and at how much fun i had...anyway, someday you will have to go there....face it. :D