Wanna hear a story?
You know you do.
Once upon a time the Box Elder County fair came to town and we HAD to make the 30 minute drive to Tremonton to partake in the highly touted fairburger. Some claim them to be the best EVER (some = biased people in Box Elder County that have absolutely ZERO taste buds). That is pretty high praise, which I totally disagree with. But I have already voiced my opinions of that on post in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
Anyway back to the story at hand...
So there we were. Getting our fairburgers. Thankfully we skipped out on part of the parade (sorry Rachel but you really didn't tell me that you were in the parade!!!) and made our way to the fairburger stand before the crowds came. I still don't think you people realize how big of a deal the fairburger is. People come out in droves for it. Lines are miles long. The fairburger is to Tremonton what the golden calf was to the Children of Israel. You think I'm stretching the truth a bit? You don't know these folks.
Again getting off on a tangent. Sorry. I just can't help myself.
So we beat the crowds and got our fairburgers. As I was dressing my burger up with tomatoes, onions and pickles I felt something wet hit my leg and foot. I turned and saw a kid rush by with his mom. I figured it was water or something, but decided to look at the afflicted area anyway.
And that is when I saw IT
BARF!
THROW UP!
VOMIT!
CHUNKS OF REGURGITATED GROSSNESS!
As the kid was rushing to the garbage can to eliminate his golden calf (aka fairburger) he threw up on me!
This picture does not do the damage justice. You can barely see the throw up. Trust me it was of the chunky clear kind. Lots of it.
Clayton said it was Karma for all my fairburger hating remarks.
I disagree.
I think it was a sick kid whose stomach finally realized that the golden fairburger isn't all it is cracked up to be.
Anyway back to more important matters. Like...the fact that my foot and part of my leg was covered in vomit! I wanted to throw up myself. Clayton was so kind to rinse my foot off with his water bottle. But even after that I still felt the chunky aftereffects. All I wanted to do was go home and scrub my leg, foot, and flipflop with Clorox Bleach and if needed cut it off and purchase a prosthetic leg.
the end.
good story, eh!?!
As we were on our way to Yogurtland last week I asked Clayton if he gets giddy about eating any kinda food like I do about frozen yogurt. At first he said, "no", but then changed his mind and said that the fairburger makes him giddy. And now I leave you with pictures of the Clayton and the fairburger.
ATTENTION TREMONTON PEOPLE AND ALL YOU OTHER FOLKS IN BOX ELDER COUNTY: please don't hate me. I know I make the fairburgers come across as awful, but they really aren't. I just don't think they are the BEST. BURGER. EVER. I think they are average. I feel like the burgers we make on our grill at home are better.
can we still be friends?
8 comments:
SICK! I don't think I will be able to eat their fair burger after that post! Clayton looks like he is enjoying himself though!
Ummmm...the above comment is mine...mom...Brandon didn't log out and I didn't notice!
Gross! And only you would take a picture of it! Ha! No wonder your hubs likes those burgers, did you see how many toppings he loaded up on it?
That is gross!! People do covet the fair burger here in Tremonton! I can do with out it and now really will after the picture and thought of fair burger barf on your foot :0P take care and keep up the fun posts. I love them all :0)
Oh my gosh!!! That is absolutely disgusting! I think I would have totally thrown up! I even had to scroll past that picture, so I wouldn't gag! UGH! Sick! HAHAHA!
i too am not one of the golden fairburger lovers. perhaps its because it wasnt ingrained in me at an early age, or because i didnt actually live in Tremonton. or maybe its because i live in salt lake now. but anyways, it's definitely overrated. dont feel bad for hating.
GROSS! I didn't really read this. I thought I did, but didn't.
I. DID. TELL. YOU. that. I. was. IN. the. PARADE!. You just didn't hear me, I guess. Clayton's nieces got my last handful instead of you. oh well.
The story is pretty funny. I agree that burgers on the grill are the best, but I still always get a fair burger when we go to the fair. Although next year we aren't going to the fair because all we hear about are the blasted rides. that is all.
I have to agree with you, I'm not a big fan of the fair burger. I was there Thursday, Friday and Saturday and I didn't get one. (No I'm not a fair freak. Nolan was working security for the fair and we live just down the street so I pushed the stroller down and made enjoyed some awesome people watching.)
Post a Comment