Thursday, September 2, 2010

TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT

5 years of togetherness
7 years of fair burgers from the Box Elder County fair
STILL NOT GETTING IT!


I don't get it. I really don't. Why does everyone rave (Box Elder people) about the fair burger? If you can explain the fabulousness of the fair burger please do. In fact I beg you to explain it to me. 7 years now I have partaken of this beefy patty slapped between two slices of bread and I STILL don't get it. It is a mediocre burger, with mediocre buns, topped with mediocre cheese, ketchup, onions, mustard, relish, and pickles. It could be compared to a burger from McDonalds or Burger King although there is one difference between a fair burger and those found at name brand chains...PRICE. Fair burgers are ridiculously expensive. $3.50 for a burger ($4.50 double) that is not even Supersized and that doesn't come with a drink and/or fries!?!


You are probably wondering why I go if I don't think they are that special. I go for three reasons...
1. I love my husband and he LOVES the fair burger
2. I like the people watching. Always entertaining. Very similar to a Demolition Derby. Remember the year we found Joe Dirt? No? click here
3. I like to walk around the different booths and take their free handouts. For some reason salt water taffy tastes better when I take an extra piece when the booth owner turns their back.



And now that I have officially offended everyone in Box Elder County I will say adieu to this post.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

You know, despite Spencer's ravings over the years about the fair burger, this year he cheated on it and got TACOS *gasp*! Don't tell Clayton, he might feel betrayed also.

mom said...

Can't say I've ever tried Box Elder's fair burgers and probably won't ever try them. I do love the burgers Clayton made for my birthday dinner. Yummmy!!!!

Hayley said...

My Grandma used to live in Brigham, and would beg us to take her to the fair for one of those awful burgers.

I don't get it either.
But bless your heart for being the good wife you are and letting your husband enjoy them!

Karen Ella said...

HAHHAAHAH. Hilarious. I've never heard of the "fair burgers" but I probably won't waste my money on them.

Karen Ella said...

HAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAH!!!! "Tremonton Hair"....THAT made me laugh loud enough people came to ask. Clayton, thanks man...that was some funny stuff.

Rachel said...

We didn't even GO to the fair this year and we live in that county :) Ooooops...........I think we were the only ones that didn't go.

amber said...

I've only tried a BE fair burger once. I agree with you. Not the greatest. And I was even pregnant!