Friday, February 22, 2013

HAWAII DAY #1 and 2

HAWAII Day #1 &2 - MAY 2012 
(yes MAY of 2012...remember when I used to post things in a somewhat timely manner???)

So thanks to some friends who are going to Hawaii soon I was inspired to post about the time my family went to Hawaii last May.  May seems so long ago.

Let's see last May...
1) I was still pregnant (5 months to be exact)
2) Obama and Mitt Romney were still duking it out (as were Mia Love and Jim Matheson for all you Utahns)
3) People were still worried about the end of the world on December 21, 2012 (thank Heavens the Mayan's had no idea what they were talking about)
4) Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez were still together (who cares!)
5) Facebook went public and didn't do very well
6) The world was not yet obsessed with Kate Middleton's belly
7) Song "We are Young" by FUN was always on the radio.

Back to Hawaii...
I feel a little overwhelmed because I don't remember everything we did and all the funny little things that happened.  Clayton and I went early ahead of my family.  I don't remember what we did and when, but thank Heavens we have pictures to document that we did something.

Without further ado (read: blabbering by yours truly) here are days 1 & 2

Hike to WAILELE FALLS
Obviously not a very high flowing water fall(s).
Don't worry...Clayton would not let me jump in.  Something about being pregnant.

Don't worry Clayton allowed himself to jump in.  Something about NOT incubating a baby...
Again wouldn't let me jump off of the rope swing either.  Future Meilee...if you are reading this here is proof about how much I LOVE you!
One of Clayton's back flips turned into a back FLOP.  It's so nice to be able to capture these priceless moments on camera.  


PATARAY CLAN
Jodie and Marc were so nice to let us stay at their house again.  Here is Clayton with is favorite little Hawaiian BFF, Bryson.


Ahhh... WAIMEA our favorite
 Being pregnant on the beach and not being able to lie on your back is not a of fun.  Clayton was kind enough to dig a hole for me to stick my butt in.  What a good man!
 Testing out the makeshift chair

Butch Kauihimalaihi Helemano

After beaching it at Waimea decided to head up Waimea Valley and see how much it cost to go to the waterfall.  While there we were told that the Author Butch Kauihimalaihi Helemano (I know, I know...who?) was there signing the children's books that he wrote.  I love to read couldn't wait to read to Meilee so we purchased two of his books in the little souvenir shop and had him sign them for our baby girl.

This is what he wrote in both books (in Hawaiian):

"E
Meilee Jo
E ma'lama pono is 'oe
E 'ola E"

I have no idea what he wrote or even if I spelled it right because I had a hard time reading his handwriting.

In case you are wondering he has writes 
The Adventures of POPO the Hawaiian Surf Dog books



 KCC Farmers Market
If you know me at all you know that I LOVE tandem bicycles, Chaco's and farmers markets.  No I am not a hippie because I shower more than once a month, wash and comb my hair and I shave my legs (on special occasions).  Jodie introduced us to the KCC one a few years ago and when we are in Hawaii I usually drag Clayton along.  He doesn't enjoy them as much as I do although the look on his face when he bites into a strawberry mochi or lilikoi mochi translates into "I have the coolest wife in the world for dragging me to these hippie-marts."

Acai Bowl

Me drinking deliciousness
(Obviously another bad part about blogging about an event 10 months after it happened...can't remember what anything was)

Day's 3-10 coming up soon...

1 comment:

mom said...

So long ago, but oh so fun! You look like you're pouting in the one pic where Clayton wouldn't let you on the rope swing! hahaha! Cute though! Love that you're updating...FINALLY!!!! I had just about given up. Love you