Wednesday, February 27, 2013

HAWAII DAY #4

HAWAII DAY 4

Hanauma Bay

Meet mi familia...again

It is never to early to start practicing life saving technique

 Another classic Nimrod moment
Look closely - As you can see he was very excited to see how these Middle Eastern gentlemen would snorkel in their turbans (not sure if that is the politically correct name for their head wear)
 Macho Man
This also might have been the last time we saw Ty's snorkel.  But, I'm pretty sure this is a borrowed one from his brother and that he really did lose it at Lanikai the day they arrived.
 I love this picture!
A Mom and her sons (and LOOK neither boy is pulling a face, puffing out their chest in their best "uncle Mac" impression or giving bunny ears.  Cherish it...it is a rarity)
 Snow angels are for sissies
Sand angels is where it is at.  Pretty sure sand is still coming out of "cracks" and crevices (emphasis on cracks).  The poor kid probably felt like he was wiping with sandpaper in the bathroom for the next 2 weeks.

 Behold!  A fish
 Pretty sure this is the day that many started on their sunburns


 Waiola Shave Ice

Look who finally joined the party!
 I'm on a quest to find out if Matsumoto's is really the best shave ice on Oahu or if it is really just a tourist trap.  So far I have to say it still stands as my favorite.  Wailoa and Shimazu are both good, but Matsumoto's is still numero uno in my opinion.  Any other shave ice suggestions???


Pali Lookout

Pretty sure the highlight of the trip for Kace was...
1. chasing yard birds
2. shark cages (coming up...)
3. chasing more yard birds
4. snorkeling
5. yard birds, yard birds, yard birds, yard birds





 The girls...and Ty
Ty wanted to look "nice" this day so he chose to wear his best outfit.  Pretty sure he gets his matching skills from his dad.  His smile and happy demeanor he definitely gets from his Aunt Heidi

Yogur Story
And because I like to post about the food we eat...
Red Velvet Waffles = AWESOMNESS

Day 5 coming up
Someone is reading this besides my mom...right???

5 comments:

Karen Ella said...

I am. Yes, yes I am.

Karen Ella said...

And patiently awaiting more pics of your stunning little Mailee.

Rachel said...

I am. I really like Ty's cheeser in the last picture. Thanks for giving credit where credit is due for the matching talent.

I did have a sunburn that day.

mom said...

We're finally there! Yay! Didn't get my sunburn that day but had lots and lots of fun anyway! Yeah Ty looks awesome! We had a lot of fun! Oh the memories I will treasure forever!

Kim said...

I am too!! yay! loving the updates.