Thursday, May 10, 2012

THE WEEKEND OF GREAT HAPPENINGS

LAST WEEKEND...

...was the kinda weekend that makes returning to work on Monday really hard.  So many great things happened.  I seem to be into making lists lately so...

1.  Wedding = No work.
I love weddings and I love not working.

2. Random encounter with THIS guy
Story:  So after the wedding dinner we ran over to Icon because it was a pay week and Icon's apparel store was open (I know!  Going to work on my day off is lame, but they only open the store on the Thursday and Friday of pay week).  We needed to get Clayton some of their minimalist shoes (and I may or may not have found some workout tanks for my bulging belly).  We were in there just checking things out and all of a sudden Clayton comes over to me and whispers, "Pres. Uchtdorf is in here."  Of course he was with the CEO and the other execs, but that didn't stop me from butting into their conversation and saying, "Hi" and shaking his hand.  I might get fired for interrupting, but it was totally worth it.  When Clayton was on his mission in Hawaii he got to have dinner with him.  To this day Clayton brags about it.  Of course he brought that up and him and Pres. Uchtdorf talked about his mission president and stuff for a bit.  Very cool experience.  He is so friendly.  I'm pretty sure he sleeps with a smile on his face.  He is quickly becoming one of my favorite apostles.  Is it bad to play favorites?

3. IMAX/3d showing of The Avengers
If you know me at all you know that this is not my kinda movie, but Clayton loves this stuff so if he is happy then going to this movie is considered a GREAT thing in my book.  Plus Brandon lost a bet with Clayton and a bet with me so he ended up buying our tickets.  FREE tickets = Another GREAT thing.  
 4. Nielsen's Frozen Custard and Spanky's Deli
I LOVE Nielsen's in Bountiful, but not really a fan of the Nielsen's in Holladay.  I don't know how the two can be that different but they are.  After the movie we hit up the Bountiful Nielsen's for a shake.  Soooo good.  I was too busy shoveling it into my face to take any pictures.  Since Clayton is prejudice against ice cream he headed accross the street to an unknown deli called, Spanky's (sandwiches are their ONLY specialty I promise!).  He loved his sandwich and I loved my shake.  All was well with the world.

5. Baby Shoes
We spent the night at our second home (Kami and Erik's casa...thanks again!) and the next morning Kami showed us this adorable website for baby shoes and the ones she got for Baby M.  I still can't get over how cute they are!  I would show you if I could remember the website...

6. Another Weekend, Another Hike
Since we were in the area already we decided to hike to the Adam's Canyon waterfall.  Beautiful hike (i say that about all our hikes, don't I).  

This is not the waterfall.  Please note that if we had gotten lost no one would have ever found Clayton because he is totally camouflaged with the rocks.  Next time I'm making him wear bright pink.









7.  Uhhhhh
I don't even know what to day about this picture.  It is GREAT in the way that there are actual dorks that really do this kinda thing.  On our way out of the canyon we saw these guys in all their Dungeons and Dragons glory.  Either they are video game nerds (the guys who are responsible for that funky smell at your local Gamestop) or they were doing a school project (although I didn't see any video camera)  I'm hoping for the later, but I fear it was the former.


 8. Cinco de Mayo celebration at El Matador
Mmmmmm shrimp the old way and the new way.
 Sadly only 20% of this belly picture is baby.  The rest is El Matador awesomeness.

See...I told you it was a GREAT weekend

6 comments:

Jewels said...

Lucky!! I've always wanted to meet an apostle/prophet...when you run into another - give me a call and I'll be there in a jiffy. ;)

Rachel said...

WHY DIDN'T you tell me that?! You have now met two of my favorites. I have NEVER met an apostle (when he was an apostle that is). lucky.

First Cort and the buckle boys and then Brandon and the lord of the rings weirdos. Wonder who you will see next. very very interesting.

mom said...

Oh My! How wonderful that you got to meet Pres Uchtdorf. Definitely one of my favorites too. All your pics were pretty and can't wait to see the cute baby shoes! You're lookin good Heidi!

Karen Ella said...

Love it. Love all of it! Especially your rare LARPer sighting. HA! No, I'm not a LARPer, ew, but I did live with some once upon a time. HOLY MOLY they are a weird kind. (LARP: Live Action Role Play.....and yes, they do call themselves that proudly...SCARY)

Jenny said...

Hello? You were in Bountiful? I have been here 8 years and don't even know where Adam's fall is. I do know Nielsen's though!

Laura Burtis said...

First of all... that belly! You are THE CUTEST!! I'm loving it so much!! Next, did you end up loving Avengers?? I don't love these type of movies, but ended up really enjoying Avengers! :) Seriously, looks and sounds like a fabulous weekend!