Tuesday, May 15, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY

MOTHER'S DAY 2012

22 weeks


For obvious reasons this Mother's Day meant more to me than past years.  Could it possibly be the little bambina who will be joining our family in 4 months?  I am so excited and extremly nervous to take on this role given to me by God.  In a Mother's Day message on lds.org, Elder M. Russell Ballard said,

There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood.”  He also stated that, “There is no one perfect way to be a good mother.  Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children.” Elder Ballard recognizes that some women are “able to be ‘full-time moms,’ and some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work,” but “what matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else.”

I hope and pray that my children will feel my love and know that they are my top priority.

Elder Ballard goes on to say,

A mother’s nurturing love arouses in children, from their earliest days on earth, an awakening of the memories of love and goodness they experienced in their pre-mortal existence.  Because our mothers love us, we learn, or more accurately remember, that God also loves us.”

I love that.  I love the fact that through my love, my children will be able to learn and remember how much their Heavenly Father loves them.  I just hope that I can show them just how deep my love runs for them.

One of the greatest examples of Motherhood to me is my own Mom.  One of the things I admire the most about her (besides her endless patience with me) is the ability she had to be my parent and my best friend at the same time.  I think that is a tough thing to do.  But she did it and did it well.  She was able to give me guidance and counsel (and yes punishment) and be my friend, my confident, my shopping partner, etc at the same time.  She always has a listening ear and listens to all my whinings (there are plenty), to which she never complains.  Besides Clayton, she is the first person I run to with problems, exciting news to share, sadness, happiness, etc.

So to you mom THANK YOU for your patience, friendship, listening ear, selflessness, kind words, time, love, affection, example, for making me feel like I was the coolest thing ever, for going on walks with me,  etc.

I LOVE YOU and am LUCKY to be able to call you MY MOM!
Mom Day O' Fun 2012


Back to the rest of this loooong post...

Clayton out did himself as usual.  Last week he called me up at work and asked if I had anything planned for a certain day in July.  JULY?  Like I know what is going on in July.  I said that I didn't think so and then asked him "why."  He said something to the effect of "none of your business" and to "mark this date on my calender."  If you know me at all you know the anticipation of surprises KILLS me.  After his phone call I figured that he had bought tickets to see the new Batman movie (something he is pumped for).  After googling the release date I figured that couldn't be it.  I then googled things happening on July ___.  My search yielded nothing.  Then it struck me.  A concert.  Could it just so happen that Coldplay decided to not be lame and come play in Utah.  Nope.  They are still lame.  But they are playing in Canada that particular weekend in July.  Maybe he would fly us there...maybe???

A couple of days later something came in the mail for him and Clayton not being able to hold his excitement asked me to open it (3 days BEFORE Mother's Day).  

TICKETS TO WICKED!

I was stoked (even with the 8 pm show time where I will have to bring toothpicks to prop my eyes open)!  I have wanted to see this for a years now. 

And if that wasn't enough...

I have been getting these annoying, persistent knots in my back lately.  Clayton has been the lucky giver of the daily back rubs.  Late Saturday night after yet another back rub from him, I laid on the couch to fall asleep to watch TV to which he informed me that he was going to the store to get a card for his mom.  Since my eyelids were practically shut I said ok.  Around 10pm (yes on a Saturday night I feel asleep well before the 10 o'clock hour) he woke me up to go to bed.  As I dragged my lazy, sleepy butt upstairs I walked into our room and found this heaven sent object sitting on my side of the bed.   
A) He must LOVE me very much and...
B) He is tired of giving me backrubs.

Pretty sure it is a combination of the two.

THANKS CLAYTON FOR A GREAT DAY!

5 comments:

mom said...

YES! I didn't know you got tickets to Wicked! I am so excited for you. You will absolutely LOVE it. Also, thanks for all the nice things said about me. I got all teary eyed. But then, I do have the most amazing and awesome, and wonderful kids EVER! Love you all!

KIRSTEN said...

Oh girl ... quit arching your back to make yourself look pregnant haha. you are seriously so tiny and look absolutely adorable with that little belly of yours!

Laura Burtis said...

Awww!! Happy first Mother's Day! So cute that Clayton spoiled you! And YAY for Wicked!! It's my FAVE!! P.s. I know I've said it like 5 times before, but your prego belly is SO freaking cute!!

Kim said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady ever! Happy Mother's day to you! I can't wait for baby M to arrive.

Melissa said...

you look gorgeous heidi!!!!