...TYDON
David Beckham has nothin' on this kid. Tydon is waaaay cuter, is not covered in tattoos and has bigger muscles.
Soccer was one of my absolute favorite sports to play as a kid. In fact, if I had to narrow down my three favorite sports to play it would be:
Soccer
I'm the furthest on the right on the back row. Thanks Kristen for posting this on your blog a few years ago so I could
Volleyball
Softball
well...maybe Softball. Does Paddleboarding count as a sport? What about being awesome? Cuz I'm that too.
Please take a moment and notice where the ball is on the picture below. I will give you a hint...it is behind me. Please also notice that I also just finished swinging the bat. This means one thing...
S-T-R-I-K-E.
Yes I am just that good. Oh yeah also notice my choice of footwear. Barefeet. That is how us Indians play. Shoes are for pansies.
Anyway, back to the post at hand. A few weeks ago back in March, Tydon had is first ever soccer game. The choice of whether or not to take the 30 minute drive to watch a group of 5 year-olds play soccer was a no brainer.
Obviously the #1 reason to go and watch is because I absolutely, positively ADORE my 5 year-old nephew Tydon.
Reason #2 is because there is always a 90% chance that this kid which I absolutely love and adore will throw a tantrum at some point. And his tantrums are HILARIOUS. I may or may not have egged some on at some point for my own entertainment (but I'm always quick to give him the rebound happy treat). When we arrived he was in mid tantrum. Kinda sad we missed the beginning...
(sadly I was too busy laughing to get a picture of this girl)
Reason #7 was because it was Pop's birthday and we wanted to see him on his day. I was also sorta hopping that we would go celebrate with ice cream after the game, but apparently I'm related to a bunch of party poopers!
This is how Ty spent his time when he was sitting his turn out.
Reason #8 was because there was a Unabomber sighting.
Reason #9 was because I was hoping to score a Squeeze-it after the game from Coach Jones...but nothing. Rude
Reason #10 was because it was a Tuesday night and there was nothing good on TV to watch.
kidding!
ps. Rachel - practice your patience. I have one more post to do (Easter) before your championship post.
Obviously the #1 reason to go and watch is because I absolutely, positively ADORE my 5 year-old nephew Tydon.
Reason #2 is because there is always a 90% chance that this kid which I absolutely love and adore will throw a tantrum at some point. And his tantrums are HILARIOUS. I may or may not have egged some on at some point for my own entertainment (but I'm always quick to give him the rebound happy treat). When we arrived he was in mid tantrum. Kinda sad we missed the beginning...
Reason #3 is because it is just too funny to watch a group of kids fight over a ball that is clearly outside of their huddle.
Reason #4 is because my nephew has mad soccer skills. Check out his form.
Did I mention that he is also one of the fastest on the team???
Reason #5 is because every time Tydon is goalie and he stops the ball he picks it up and lets out a big ol' ROAR!
Reason #6 is on of my personal favorites. Kids that age don't really care. They will sit in the middle of the field and pick dandelions or as was the case this particular day...practice their somersaults and cartwheels. (sadly I was too busy laughing to get a picture of this girl)
Reason #7 was because it was Pop's birthday and we wanted to see him on his day. I was also sorta hopping that we would go celebrate with ice cream after the game, but apparently I'm related to a bunch of party poopers!
This is how Ty spent his time when he was sitting his turn out.
Reason #8 was because there was a Unabomber sighting.
Reason #9 was because I was hoping to score a Squeeze-it after the game from Coach Jones...but nothing. Rude
Reason #10 was because it was a Tuesday night and there was nothing good on TV to watch.
kidding!
ps. Rachel - practice your patience. I have one more post to do (Easter) before your championship post.

5 comments:
Jigga WHAT!?!?! Rachie Kay you're the coach and you didn't tell me?!?!!?!?!? Oh...maybe its Nate.... Soccer = childhood. This post was brilliant.
Good one, Heidi. Laughed out loud more than once. PS I was the one who danced out in the field, but it was in Bonnet Ball. Yeah, you read that right.
I agree with it all! Plus, you are very awesome Heidi! Watching Ty play was great fun. I had forgotten how hilarious 5-year-olds can be playing soccer. I loved Tys roar when he would pick up the ball playing goalie. Yep, it was dads b- day , but no one said anything about ice-cream. That would have been a no-brainer but no one asked. Sad! Loved the post and all those pics!
SERIOUSLY!
you never told me you wanted a squeeze-it. or that there was a unabomber sighting. I may have to steal some of your pictures because I have been too busy walking around the field saying kids names to take pictures. You should probably come again so I can have some more pictures.
PS the dandelion picker wears a different rainbow outfit each game. You could probably do a post solely on her.
First, thank you for the squeeze-it reverie. It's been too long...
Second, I look forward to the post about, as I call her, "Rainbow Brite." Please.
Post a Comment