OAHU DAY #3
(a.k.a. My birthday)
On this day I turned the ripe age of OLD.
I didn't want anyone in HI to know that it was my birthday. I swore Clayton to secrecy. I'm weird about those kinda things I guess. So if you didn't know don't feel bad!
Clayton did his best to make my birthday special. He had a plan. His plan included a hike, picnic on Goat island, shopping at Surf 'n Sea, and a nice dinner in town.
Hike up Koko Head. This hike was harder than I thought it would be. But the views at the top were phenomenal.
At the top looking down into the crater.
Hawaii Kai
View of Diamond Head and Waikiki in the back
Hanauma Bay
Hanauma Bay and Hawaii Kai
We were then all set to picnic at Goat Island. We did this the first time I went to visit Clayton in Hawaii. We had stopped at a fruit stand and grabbed some stuff for our picnic. Goat island is a little island on the North Shore just off of Malaekahana Beach. The tide is low enough that you can just walk out too it. As soon as we got ready to start our journey out to the island the sky went overcast and it got a little chilly (in my opinion anway). Plus the currents seemed rough so we nixed the idea and headed over to Sunset Beach instead.
That day they were having a junior surf competition which was kinda fun to watch.
Have you ever seen a cuter group of miniature surfers?
Next we headed over to Waimea again for more R&R
After a shopping trip at the Surf 'n Sea so I could spend my birthday money, we decided to skip the nice dinner in town and eat some sandwiches at Wailua Bakery (mostly because we were starving and didn't think we had it in us to make it back to town and clean up before our stomachs started consuming themselves). As we were trying to decide what to order we saw a loaf of bread pudding. Happy Birthday to me! We love bread pudding and this stuff was amazing. The sandwiches weren't bad either. Wailua Bakery make the bread for one of our favorite sandwich shops on the North Shore, Storto's so we had a hunch that we would like their sandwiches.
Even though the hike and shopping trip were the only things that panned out that day, it was still a great day and I felt very loved by my sweet husband.
Thanks Clayton!
3 comments:
Why don't you want people to know about your birthday? Maybe you could get free stuff.
Happy late Birthday!! The pictures are beautiful! I love visiting Hawaii vicariously through you! HA!
Sounds like a great birthday! I would love to spend my birthday in Hawaii! Love you
Post a Comment