Wednesday, February 22, 2012

VALENTINES WEEKEND - CLAYTON EDITION

GIRLS DAY AT THE BOYS CLUB

...was the theme Clayton choose.

The weekend was supposed to be full of stuff that girls like to do on "Girls Night Out" and things that boys like to do on "Boys Night Out".  Except there would be no other boys and no other girls.  Just the two of us.

I started out choosing the place we were going out to eat from a hat that Clayton gave me.  Don't worry with as much as I wear hats you will see it on this blog in no time.  He had 4 restaurants to pick from in the hat, but neither of us felt like any of them.  I had a coupon card to Angie's (dad would be so proud) and we hadn't been there in forever so that is where we ended up.

Not my best picture, but what do you do?

After dinner we went home to build a fort in our front room...cuz boys like to build forts.  Remember the Great and Spacious Gingerbread House of 2011 that we (by "we" I mean Clayton) built?  No?  Let me recap.  Clayton (we were supposed to be a team, but somehow my help wasn't very helpful so I was left sitting on the bench while he tried to create our masterpiece) wanted to built a mansion that would out shine the other 2 houses that were being built (keep in mind it wasn't even a competition).  Anyway just like the Great and Spacious Building, our gingerbread house came tumbling down.  I remind you all about this story because it will help you understand the...

Great and Spacious Fort of 2012.     
He had it all planned out in his head.  With ropes and sheets it wouldn't be any old fort, but it would be a mansion.  As a kid we used couch cushions, chairs and blankets.  However, this was not "kids" game.  He strung the ropes all over the house...shut one in the front door, one in our closet door, tied them to the couch legs, etc.  There were ropes EVERYWHERE.  Meanwhile I sat on the couch and watched and waited for very little instruction on what to do (instruction example, "you can go get sheets").  Anyway to make a long story short, the fort did not work out.  The plan was to sleep in it and watch Breaking Dawn.  We needed the fort to be facing our tv and high enough that we could see it.  So just like the Great and Spacious Building from the Book of Mormon fell because of pride our fort also fell because it was set facing our pride (aka our tv).  If we would have built it facing the Temple it would have been solid.  I wasn't about to admit defeat so we took the ropes down and started the old fashion way...TOGETHER...with chairs, sheets, and couch cushions.  And guess what?  It worked!


    p.s. I thought it was very sweet of Clayton to try and build me a fort mansion.  He was so excited, like a little boy at Christmas time and it was very cute. 

Once the fort was constructed we set out to Casper's in Providence to get a shake.  FYI - Casper's in Lewiston/Cove is waaaay better.  I was pretty disappointed in the "chunkage" of my Cheesecake Brownie shake.  Not only did it lack chucks, but I couldn't taste any cheescake at all. 

On to the fort and Breaking Dawn.  Obviously a girl activity.  Having read the books I knew what was going to happen.  I can honestly say that the movies are not my favorite.  And I just don't get the fascination with Robert Pattinson (Edward).  People! He is not cute.

I am just now realizing that this post is sounding extremely negative.  Let it be know that even though there were disappointments I. loved. every. single. part. of. the. night!

The next day brought about another boy activity.  We headed out to Newton Dam to shoot guns.  To be honest guns scare me to death.  I have only shot with Clayton one other time and had a surprisingly good time.  This time was no different.  He had a couple of different guns that he had borrowed from his dad.  The pistol was my favorite.




Later we did another Girl activity and saw...
  I had high hopes for this movie...which is maybe why I was a little disappointed.  Don't get me wrong it was cute, but knowing what I do now if I had to do it all over again I would have waited for it to come out on redbox.

Lastly my favorite activity of all was Spa Night.  This was definitely a girl activity.  Clayton totally pampered me with a massage, bubble bath and hand & foot wax thingy (which was amazing by the way...I don't think it did anything and am not quite sure what it was supposed to do but it felt awesome).  He had mud masks all set out and stuff, but after the bath I was wiped out and fell asleep.

A special THANKS to my wonderful husband Clayton for coming through on Valentine's Weekend.  Everything planned was just what I needed and I loved every second of it!

P.S. Just to update you on winterBINGO

Spa Night - CHECK
Build a fort in your house - CHECK 
Soak in the Tub - CHECK
Movie night - CHECK

Oh yeah and a few months ago the lady from the ENJOY UTAH blog emailed me saying that she had seen my winterBINGO list on my blog and asked if I would give her permission to feature it on her website.  She had to change some of it because I didn't get it emailed to her until after Christmas and obviously there are a lot of Christmas Activities on there.  Also, I'm not sure where she got the name Heidi "McCube" from.  Interesting.  Check it out HERE.

3 comments:

Karen Ella said...

hahahahahah. Heidi McCube made me laugh out loud. And, you have a very sweet husband.

Amanda said...

You are basically famous now! It won't be long before you can charge people to advertise on your blog. Way to go.

mom said...

Very, very sweet! I just think you guys have so much fun! And...you are famous now Heidi, and to think I'm your mom! WOW! Haha. Can't wait to see what happens next in the McMurdie household!