I was a little irritated last Saturday morning that it was going to be another cold August day and that we couldn't go to the lake AGAIN! I guess all was well because Clayton had to work most of the morning anyway. We are weekend warriors so we had to capitalize on what little of the weekend we had left when he was done.
DESTINATION: Waterfall Canyon in Ogden. A little skeptical of this so-called 200ft waterfall in the desert we call Utah in the month that we call August.
The McMurmen
If you thought that I would get through an entire post with no action pictures you are smokin' crack.
In order to keep this post "shorter" I will spare you the details about how hard it was to take this picture. Just know that it was hard. Really hard. Almost broken camera, hard. Almost husband falling in the stream, hard. Almost wife breaking her foot from slipping on a rock, hard. Please enjoy the pic for the sacrifices that were made to bring it to you.
Yay the waterfall! Pleasantly surprised because I was expecting more of a tricklet than the trickle we saw. Next time I will A) snowshoe to this fall in the winter (I hate you winter) to see it frozen and B) hike to it in the early spring because I'm sure it will be more powerful from all the spring runoff.
See this Chipirrel? I hate it! Stupid rodent! So there I was sitting on a big rock trying to get a good picture of it and set my camera on the down on the rock (I know, know big mistake) while I waited for it to come out again so I could get another picture. Well I shifted my bodonkadonk (that means butt mom) and as gravity would have it my beloved camera tumbled off of the rock and headed down the mountain. Just like a mother would risk her life to save her child from tumbling towards death, so would I for my camera. Unfortunately for my camera there is no CPR, mouth-to-mouth or any other form of First Aid to bring it back to life after hitting 5+ rocks. Dang. Actually the camera still takes pictures, but the screen is totally busted so you can't see what you are aiming at. So all the pictures from here on out (well...until the end of this post) are taken blindly.
Disturbing news #2 (#1 being the broken camera): if you zoom in on this picture you will see that some of the leaves have started changing colors! Nooooooooooooo....
I guess this is common knowledge to everyone but me (at least that is what Clayton sounded like when he said, "you didn't know that!?!"), but this is a cactus (that is did know) and it is growing in Northern Utah (that is what I didn't know). Interesting.
Like all times when I am feeling down (I broke my camera in case you forgot) I like to drown my sorrows in food. We figured it would be a good time to cross off another food bucket list item off. Off to Warren's Drive Inn we went for their fried mushrooms.
Not the hugest (it's a word, deal with it) fan of fried foods, but these were ok in small doses. I'm just now seeing in this picture below that Warren's is advertising their new Peanut Butter Kit-Kat shake. Why did I not see this on Saturday???
Lastly, I would like to thank my husband for his reaction when I broke the camera. I guess all the "don't get upset about the small stuff in life" lectures I have given him have really paid off. Kudos to me!
9 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for another entertaining post though. I love to read your blog! One day I hope to have an adventuress life like yours again. Probably when my kids are moved out and I am too old to do anything worthwhile....
Way to go Clayton! So sorry about your loss, but...I hear another one is coming, hopefully soon! Oh...glad you're okay Heidi. Loved the post and the pics. I think I might have to get a bucket list, but then I just might have it for a very very very long time. Glad you had fun and that Clayton didn't have to work in the afternoon. Love ya
That sucks about your camera. Did I mention it SNOWED and stuck on the ground when i went hiking with Nate last weekend on AUGUST 15. Where is that waterfall?
I'd have done the same thing for my camera but the really bad thing is, Jeff says I wouldn't do that for our own kid! Now you have an excuse to get a new fancier camera for those action shots.
Oh wow! Those fried mushrooms look absolutely delish. Oh how I love me some mushrooms! I am so sorry about your camera - how frusntrating!!!
Too bad about your camera. At least you have new swimming suits to cheer you up though!
As a side note: Sometimes accidents happen with the Freshette....I won't elaborate but just know they aren't fool proof. You will want to practice in your backyard a few times before you take her out!
We'll plan on Lava 2010!
Laura likes all shrooms. Sometimes I dream that my camera is broken and I don't know what to do with myself. That is a sad day. Buck up, little camper!
PS I'm thinking a Logan trip is in order soon. . .want to do dinner?
Dear Clayton & Heidi, Just wanted to let you know that I think BYU sucks and the Utes are better. I love you still even though you are a cougar fan. Love Chase McMurdie
Also I can;t wait for the Utes to crush the cougars this year right in front of all those cougars fans at home
Post a Comment