I love my husband. I love to celebrate. I love Park City.
I love to celebrate with my husband in Park City.
Oh yeah I also love to eat, shop, get good deals, swim, eat and eat more.
That pretty much sums up our weekend (well...the parts I'm going to tell you about that is).
Before I dig into this post please note that as you are reading this you will probably think to yourself, "Man, Heidi and Clayton are the biggest pigs alive!" But in my defence and and to justify our actions to myself please read the following statements before continuing.
1. we have a food bucket list that we must dedicate ourselves and our mouths too (and our wallets). It is a goal. We will not let it down. We will eat and conquer!
2. We shared most of the meals with each other and took a ton of food home in boxes...except for the ice cream. There is no such thing as left over ice cream. If you can't finish a shake you are a pansy.
3. Our weekday meals are actually really healthy so we can splurge every once in a while.
4. Our food pallets need culture.
ok here we go...picture overload...again
We left the Valley of the Cache Friday afternoon. Freedom from all responsibilities for a few days. It was a beautiful thing (short lived, but still beautiful nonetheless). We pulled into our hotel (in which I got a killer deal on thanks to Kami and Erik) checked her out and headed out for dinner.
The homestead (also included nice kitchen and super huge jetted tub...saweet)


After checking in and dropping our bags off we headed to mainstreet and Reef's Kitchen. Not a sole in the restaurant except the chef and the waiter. That usually isn't a good sign, but Park City was dead that weekend so...

Reef's is a Middle Eastern establishment. All the food is cooked by an Israeli chef.
The magazine says to get the Moroccan Salmon. So we did. The food was a little pricier than I would have liked, but we were celebrating so splurging was ok. We also got their homemade curly fries (fan-freaking-tastic) and their sampler plate which consisted of hummus, babaghahouj (try saying that 3 times...or once), smoked eggplant & peppers (tasted like campfire), tahini, and falafel (Clayton's new love). Overall not bad. Taking price into consideration we gave it a 6.5-7 out of 10 rating. Food critics we aspire to be.The next morning we woke up at 620 am. Not much for sleeping in. We hit the pool and swam some laps. Yes Clayton is swimming laps in the hot tub. We found our lap count higher this way (kidding it laps in the hot tub was for picture purposes only...we think we are funny)
Sexy goggles.
Eat your heat out Michael Phelps!For breakfast/brunch we went to The Morning Ray Cafe and got the recommended Scramble.
The Scramble consisted of scrambled eggs (duh), potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, scallions, black beans, cheese, guacamole, sourcream and salsa on the side.
Seriously it was so good that I regret sharing it with Clayton. If only we could have shared two plates. I'm totally making this at home sometime. Price wasn't bad. We gave it 7.5 or 8 out of 10 rating.Remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Elaine want to bring a Chocolate Bobka to a dinner party and someone in front of them at the bakery buys the last one (JERRY: That was our Bobka. ELAINE: You can't beat a Bobka. JERRY: We should have had that Bobka.)? Well as we were were working off our breakfast by walking down mainstreet we stopped into this little bakery/cafe hoping that they would have some hot chocolate because it was freezing outside and we saw this little beauty and had to buy it. oh yes that is Chocolate BOBKA!. We immediately added it as an honorary member of our food bucket list. Clayton described it by saying that if candy, a cinnamon roll and bread were to have a love child it would be bobka. Luckily we got the chocolate bobka instead of the cinnamon bobka which Jerry and Elaine had to settle for.
Mainstreet in Park City. Did I mention it was freezing??? That day they had a small classic car show that was about 10 cars long.

On to Utah Olympic Park. Saw this in the parking lot and thought it was hilarious. If you can't read it it says, "Please don't laugh it's a rental."
Big ski's. Clayton is standing under them to show you just how big. Wasn't that kind of him!?!


Oh yes! We really are that good!

That's me showing off my mad skiing skills.

After the Ariel show and museum we hit the outlets. Spent waaaay too much time and waaay too much money. We justify it by saying our purchases are "investments". Which they are.
Mainstreet in Park City. Did I mention it was freezing??? That day they had a small classic car show that was about 10 cars long.
On to Utah Olympic Park. Saw this in the parking lot and thought it was hilarious. If you can't read it it says, "Please don't laugh it's a rental."
Big ski's. Clayton is standing under them to show you just how big. Wasn't that kind of him!?!

Oh yes! We really are that good!
That's me showing off my mad skiing skills.
After the Ariel show and museum we hit the outlets. Spent waaaay too much time and waaay too much money. We justify it by saying our purchases are "investments". Which they are.All that shopping made us hungry. Especially all the walking we did while shopping. We left beautiful Park City and headed out for the big SLC and Pat's BBQ. Totally ghetto location. A hole in the wall some would say. But aren't those the best restaurants? The parking lot was a gravel lot. Subie felt right at home with the off-roading in the lot.
Apparently, Pat's is famous for their Burnt Ends and Meatloaf. Sadly we found out that they only serve the Meatloaf on Wednesday and the Burnt Ends on Friday. I got the 2 meat plate (pulled pork and beef brisket with creole black beans and rice as a side) and Clayton ordered the WHOLE rack of ribs and baked beans as a side. He said that he has never ordered a whole rack of ribs that he couldn't finish. Well...he definitely didn't finish. Our takeout box was so heavy we almost had to carry it to the car with two hands. Both meals were fabulous. Oh and the cornbread...LOVED IT...then again I love anything that has the work "bread" in it.
Pat's was totally worth the money and it wasn't very expensive either for the amount of food you get. We gave it a 10!
Apparently, Pat's is famous for their Burnt Ends and Meatloaf. Sadly we found out that they only serve the Meatloaf on Wednesday and the Burnt Ends on Friday. I got the 2 meat plate (pulled pork and beef brisket with creole black beans and rice as a side) and Clayton ordered the WHOLE rack of ribs and baked beans as a side. He said that he has never ordered a whole rack of ribs that he couldn't finish. Well...he definitely didn't finish. Our takeout box was so heavy we almost had to carry it to the car with two hands. Both meals were fabulous. Oh and the cornbread...LOVED IT...then again I love anything that has the work "bread" in it.
Pat's was totally worth the money and it wasn't very expensive either for the amount of food you get. We gave it a 10! In case you thought that we couldn't possibly eat more food...WRONGola! Clayton didn't think he could, but this girl always ALWAYS saves room for ice cream.
Notice the size? Oh yes that's a MINI! A mini overflowing with heavenly goodness. Thanks Tracie for the Raspberry/Oreo tip.
Clayton got the shake-maker to make him a "special" small Rice Krispy Treat shake. If you have been to Ice Berg you know that they don't make anything small (which is the way it should be at an ice cream place). With enough sweet talking from Clayton and permission from the Manager she made him the "you should feel special - we don't make shakes this size for anyone but our employees" Rice Krispy Treat shake.
Notice the size? Oh yes that's a MINI! A mini overflowing with heavenly goodness. Thanks Tracie for the Raspberry/Oreo tip.
Clayton got the shake-maker to make him a "special" small Rice Krispy Treat shake. If you have been to Ice Berg you know that they don't make anything small (which is the way it should be at an ice cream place). With enough sweet talking from Clayton and permission from the Manager she made him the "you should feel special - we don't make shakes this size for anyone but our employees" Rice Krispy Treat shake.HEIDI: Don't second guess my ice cream eating abilities. It offends me.
And finish it I did. All through a straw too. Clayton couldn't finish his special small. Wuss.
Wow! Long post. Congrats if you made it through all this. Pretty sure the only ones who did were mom, grandma and Kami (she just looks at pictures).
Thanks for the great weekend Claytonious. I love you!

14 comments:
i made it through. and i enjoy your long winded sarcasm laced blog posting.
and since we were not born sisters, i think we should at least be best friends cause we agree on most everything i think. i wish we lived closer, or actually i wish you guys lived closer (that puts you in hawaii, and keeps us out of utah)
happy anniversary guys!!!
Well, sounds like you had a great anniversary weekend. But....you have made me so hungry that I'm off to fix dinner now. All that food looked good! I do think I want an orea-raspberry shake. Maybe we can hit the Iceberg sometime after or before a game???? Love you
PS...Yep! I read the whole post! Loved it!
Heidi, Heidi, Heidi--don't underestimate yourself, I also made it all the way through and loved it! You are great! I'm loving your "Food Bucket List" and can't wait to hear more about it. You guys are rolling right through it...what are you going to do when it's done???
I love the food bucket list too, because I really want to be a food critic myself. (what a great job!)
Have you ever eaten at Baja Cantina in park city, right by the PC ski resort?
FANTASTIC. I could eat the chips and salsa all day.
you guys crack me up! and that hotel looks awesome!!
If I could eat that much and look as good as you, I'd do it every day! And Pat's BBQ is definitely a 10 in my book too! You really should post the entire food bucket list for the rest of us to enjoy.
Sometime we should all go out for ice cream. We'll make the guys share because Mike loves ice cream about as much as Clayton. He'll eat it but not as often as I do or can.
My recommendation is "Davanza's Pizza" on main street in PC. Very ghetto but good pizza and bread. And my very favorite in PC is "Cafe Trang." It is Vietnamese/Cambodian food and their lettuce wraps are to die for
I read it all, but I wish I didn't. JslashK. I need to find me a copy of this list.
Okay, we totally went to Pat's bbq on Saturday - it was so freaking yummy huh?! I LOVED the corn bread - absolutely FABULOUS! Looks like you guys had a fabulous weekend!
dorks! -brother
LOVE reading your posts!!! ESPECIALLY when they're about food. I'm such a huge fan of Iceberg...road trip! Love the McMurdies!
Heidi, your amazing at these posts. So entertaining (no pressure) that it is easy to read ALL of it. :) You guys have so many fun adventures together, glad you had a great anniversary.
Heidi ... you and Clayton are the people to take a trip with. I love how you guys go all out with food!
Post a Comment