Tuesday, August 11, 2009

THE ITALIAN PLACE

So keeping on with our habit of eating, we discovered The Italian Place . Ok so we didn't discover it the magazine discovered it for us. So yes it was on the Food Bucket List. One would think that living in the small city of Logan for so long that I would have discovered everything about it...especially the food. Apparently, I need to get out more and discover the 1, one-way street we have in Logan.

DATE: Saturday, August 1
REASON: needed grub to fill our bellies before hitting the lake. There is nothing like putting swimsuit after eating to make you feel like the bloated beached whale.

We actually stopped by a few weeks prior to this but ran into a little problem - they were CLOSED. Their hours are refrickindiculous (translation: stupid). 11am-4pm??? Who stops eating after 4? I mean I know that Clayton and I are old and go to bed with the senior citizens (not literally) before the sun goes down, but seriously we haven't taken that leap backwards yet. Anyway we gave them a second chance. The results...

Clayton got the Hot 'n Spicy and it was really, REALLY good.

I got the cold deli and it was also superb (but not as good as Cleoton's).


We both really loved the sandwiches and want to go back to try the other ones. I'm told that the Steak and Pastrami (with extra meat) is amazing. Till next time...

ps I think I have discovered my new calling in life. Food taster.

8 comments:

Julia Izzy said...

mmmmm! yummy! looks great! i wouldn't mind being a food taster either! :)

Amanda said...

I've only been there once and it was wonderful although I felt the service was a bit "cold." I kind of felt like I was in the Seifeld episode "No soup For You!"

Jenny said...

So where exactly in Logan is this place??? We will be there this weekend and in need of some yummy lunch!

Emily M said...

I have seen that place- but never been there! I guess I will have to give it a try now!

Emilee said...

yum! and i am still ticked at you for not coming to the reunion! what is up with that, i thought we were friends! boo!

Rachel said...

I would like to be a food taster too.....if only it were free!

mom said...

If dad and I ever go out to eat anymore we will be sure to ask you guys where to go because it seems you know all these great places...but then it would probably have to be free or with a food coupon from a credit card....hahahahahaha. Anyway, it sounds yummy. Love you guys

Adventures in Heywood said...

i can't believe you'd never been there before!!! shocking!!! and re: earlier comments, this totally has a soup nazi reputation. don't expect friendly service, know what you want, order it, and get out.... and the hot and spicy is one of the best... mmmm...