Isn't there a saying about "Good things come to those that wait"?
Don't give up on me.
PLEASE!
(although my sister says that no one reads blogs anymore so if that is true...then what am I stressing about???)
I have been a little preoccupied (READ: really, Really, REALLY preoccupied)
but...
I'M BACK
(and learning to blog with a little munchkin on my lap takes skills...skills similar to nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer skills...and YES I am super lame and googled that like from Napoleon Dynamite)
Since I'm told that everyone is sick and tired of looking at my croquet victory picture from the last post (HEY I never, ever win croquet so can you blame me for leaving it up for 4 months???) here is what we have been up too.
Crossed "Watch Fireworks over the Water" off of our bucket list (4th of July in Miami)
On the small island of Nevis we (ok Clayton) learned how to drive with everything opposite of what we (Clayton again) were used too
(right hand side of the car on left side of road)
and just when I got used to Clayton's driving and the thoughts of "oh he is going to kill us" subsided we were thrown a curve ball and were given a normal car (steering wheel on left hand side of car) but still had to drive on left side of road on the island of St. Kitts.
We jumped off of things
We tried to see turtle eggs hatch early in the morning without success...
but we did see a turtle shell...sans turtle
Worked on my balance
Due to a bout with Scleritis I was forced to go contactless and become a pirate for a few weeks
Celebrated our 7th anniversary in August. One of the things we did was visit Baby M's BFF's in the Provo NICU. The twins were supposed to be born 4 weeks after our baby, but decided to surprise their mom and dad at 29 weeks. The beautiful twins are now home and are doing great.
Speaking of pregnancy and birth...
We would like to announce...
Clayton's pregnancy
Oh I'm getting ahead of myself
Before his conception he took me on a fancy date in the big city to see WICKED
ummmm...
LOVED IT!
How do you know that I loved it???? It started at 8:30 pm and I stayed awake for the ENTIRE THING! True story.
We went to our first and only (sad) BYU game of the season.
They won. Seeing how this season has turned out we had a 50/50 chance of a win.
Dear USU,
You can have the turnover king, Mr Reily Nelson back now.
Sincerely Heidi
Let's see what else went on this summer?
Oh yeah! Remember how we were pregnant?
(pics below were done by the amazingly talented Kristin Brown. More to come on a later post)
Well guess what was delivered...
OUR BEAUTIFUL MONKEY
Just kidding. Well not about the beautiful part. We had a beautiful (and hairy like a monkey) little girl on a sunny day in mid September
Meilee Jo meet the world.
World meet Meilee Jo.
Special thanks to Inbleu photography and Kathrin Paul photography for the pictures below
Well now you have met our little family of three. We love Meilee more and more each day. I never would have guessed that I was capable of such a deep love for such a small precious being. My life is forever changed and I wouldn't have it any other way.
More updates to come...
hopefully next week and not 4 months from now. I promise to be better...if anyone is out there reading this.





















19 comments:
HOLY FREAKING SMOKES! I love the pictures. I love Meilee's lip sticking out in the first picture. You both look awesome too, by the way.
I had already forgotten what you look like pregnant.
You should have posted a picture of your awesome sunglasses. Those were memorable. Looking forward to at least one post per week.
It's a Christmas Miracle! It was just today that Erik said while I was checking your blog... "aren't you sick of looking at that croquet pic yet? :)"
LOVED the post and LOVE Meilee!
Woot!
Yea!! I have been hoping that you would post something soon! Your little girl is so beautiful!!
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Heidi is back! I couldn't bring myself to deleting your blog and kept hoping everything had gone ok with your pregnancy. Isn't motherhood an exhausting, emotional, wonderful thing? I love the pictures of your sweet one and especially love the one of Clayton holding her in the hospital. I think the best part about becoming a mom for me was seeing my husband become a dad for the first time.
People still read blogs!! I am SO excited about this update- I have been waiting and waiting and waiting!! She is darling! Blogging is hard once the baby comes. I am so glad you guys are doing so well- such a cute family of 3!!
BTW- us USU fans DO NOT want Riley back we are happy with Chuckie!! Thanks for taking him!
Uh....I still check blogs. But i'm also the anti-FB queen. And, uh.....SHE'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats. I'm seriously so stinkin happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!! oh man. i can't wait to hold her, whenever I stumble upon y'all in T-town one of these days. So precious.
Bout time! I was wondering if you had had your baby yet! Heidi, she is beautiful! And I don't say that about many babies.....except for mine of course! Congrats to you guys!
Thank you for updating - it gives me something to read while I'm at work. You know how that goes. :-) Love you guys and love love love the pictures. Can't wait till January when we have our bi-weekly play dates!
YAHOOOOOOOO! Finally something worth reading. Loved all the pics and especially that cute little granddaughter of mine! What a darling little girl! Of course it helps to have darling parents. So glad you're BACK!
ps: loved the helmet/hospital scene! hahahah!
Oh so precious. Blogging is not as popular anymore, that is for sure, but I still post and print mine and love it and there are still a few I like to keep tabs on. SOOOOO glad everything went well.
This brought me to tears!!! Your baby is so pretty! Love love love this post! Thanks for sharing!
YES, for sure blogs are still read. Especially when there is such an adorable new addition.
CONGRATS!
Love this. :) I was so happy to be able to meet cute Meilee finally!! She's a doll.
I still read blogs and I may or may not have teared up a bit when I saw your pictures. She is so gorgeous and you are a beautiful family. Keep the posts coming!
Oh my gosh, sooooo glad you are back.... The pictures are great, and of course our little princess granddaughter is beautiful. Love your stories & wit. Love you guys!!!!
Congrats!!!! She is Adorable and looks like you guys have had some fun the last few months! You guys are too freak'n awesome.
Congrats to becoming 3!
I love your update! I still read blogs. I totally suck at updating, but I still read :)
Post a Comment