Tuesday, July 3, 2012

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS PROOF...

...that I live.

Yes I am alive
Thanks to all that were worried or expressed concern.
I realize that my blog has been dead over the last few weeks (or months)
I feel like my sister (she updates like once every other month)


Here are a few (read: a lot) short stories about our summer so far:

MY CROQUET VICTORY
by Heidi

Once upon a time there was a girl who always lost to her husband in croquet.  It was frustrating, but because of her determination (a quality much admired by others) she kept playing despite her losing battle/record.  One day they set up the croquet course at a park in Bear Lake and she won.  Not only did she win, but she dominated the game.  She annihilated her opponent.  Put him to shame.  Humility is also a quality she possesses that is much admired by others. 

The End

UPDATE: We have now played 3 games this summer and the results:

CLAYTON: 1
HEIDI: 2

Yep I'm feeling pretty good about myself (read: cocky).  Baby M must be helping me.


 ANDREW FAMILY REUNION
by Heidi

Once upon a time Clayton scored a nasty, flesh disappearing wound at our annual family reunion.  It is still in the healing process (3 weeks later).

The End

 BATTING CAGES
by Heidi

Once upon a time Clayton and Heidi went to the batting cages.  It was here that Heidi found out that her batting cage posing is much more impressive than her batting.

The End

BEAR LAKE RASPBERRY SHAKE
by Heidi

Once upon a time Heidi and Clayton got their first Bear Lake Raspberry Shake of the summer.  This was more monumental for Heidi than it was for Clayton.  If the treat would have been Raspberry covered Nachos from Beto's it would have been monumental for Clayton as well.  But the man doesn't think that ice cream is a big deal.  I guess we are all entitled to our own wrong opinion.  

Heidi had a Raspberry-Brownie shake and Clayton had a Raspberry-Oreo shake.  Both were excellent.

The End 

CAMPING TRIP
by Heidi

Once upon a time we went camping at our favorite spot.  A little campground above Bear Lake.  We ate tinfoil dinners, watched Clayton try to attract bears by throwing bits of crackers to squirrel, swung on the swings at a park, talked stories around the fire, and my personal favorite...used my new GoGirl.



Not going to lie using the GoGirl was a little wierd to use at first.  Clayton kept saying "You are standing awkward.  Pee like a man."  To which I replied, "Hello!  I have never been a man before.  I thought that was one of the reasons that you married me.  So if I have never been one before how am I supposed to pee like one???"  Guess I should have used the advice from the instructions and practiced in the shower first.  For all of you who are worried, don't fret I will get the hang of it.  After all we will be taking a few pregnant camping trips this summer.

The End


FATHER'S DAY
by Heidi

Once upon a time we were browsing the merchandise at DownEast.  We saw this Dallas Cowboy's apron that said, "J-Diddy".  Sometimes I call Clayton C-Diddy.  If this apron would have said C-Diddy it would have been perfect because Clayton's favorite NFL team is the Cowboys.  Because of my sheer awesomeness I snuck back into DownEast a few days later and purchased the apron.  I found an iron-on "C" patch at a local fabric store, unstitched the "J" and ironed on the "C".  My domestic skills are down right amazing.  Someone should definitely pin this on Pinterest.  He also got some shorts and a fish grilling basket. 

Baby M also joined in the festivities and gave him a bunch of Daddy/Daughter children's books for him to read to her and also 2 onesies.  One reads "I Love Papa" and the other "My Dad Rocks" with a picture of a guitar.  Pretty sure she was inspired to pick that one out right after he played his bass for her.
The Andrew clan also came over on Father's Day for a feast and some chit chat.

The End


HAWAII
by Heidi

Once upon a time I teased all of you into thinking that I would get my Hawaii post up.  Hahaha.  Suckers.  Just kidding.  Still a work in progress. 

The End
ps that is Mr. Matsumoto himself.

MINI GOLF
by Heidi

Once upon a time we played mini-golf with Kami and Erik.  Not to brag or anything, but I totally dominated.  I think being pregnant has enhanced my skills and my level of fabulosness. 

It's no wonder that sometimes Clayton hates playing games with me... 
The End
PROOF


PEDICURES
by Heidi

Once upon a time I got a pedicure with two of my favorite people before the one on the right had her beautiful baby, Lucy.  Jessie and Terra, don't hate me for posting this pic.  K!?!  Thanks.

Unfortunately the woman doing my feet made a few comments OUT LOUD about how she always gets the weird feet.  UMMMMM...THANKS?  Sorry my feet are all out of whack from running.  Jeez.

The End


SUMMERFEST
by Heidi

Once upon a time we walked around Summerfest and checked out all of the over priced artwork and crafts and payed a little too much for our food.

The End


Zoo
by Heidi

Once upon a time we went to the Willow Park Zoo and check out the Albino Porcupine, coked out raccoon, and the monkeys.

The End


EXPANDING BELLY
by Heidi

Once upon a time I was pregnant and my belly GREW...
21 weeks
... and GREW...
22 Weeks
 ...and GREW...
23 weeks

 ...and GREW...
24 weeks

 ...and GREW...
25 weeks

 ...and GREW...
26 weeks

 ...and GREW...
27 weeks

 ...and GREW...
28 weeks


 ...and GREW...
29 weeks
10 weeks to go.  Baby, mama and papa are doing great.
The End

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I have the Go-Girl. My first experience did not end well...hope yours was better! And you make pregnancy look great. It suits you very well.

Rachel said...

I totally want the go-girl. I can't believe i have never heard of it. I can't wait for Nate to get in here and check it out. Very interesting.

Nice commentary on the posts, by the way. very entertaining stories. You could probably have done a full post on each one. Have fun on your trip.

Adventures in Heywood said...

Hey, I've been MIA, you are prego, that is cute! Looks good on ya... like a basketball taped to a pogo stick! :) You guys have waaaay too much fun also! Anyways, just wanted to say hi!

mom said...

Once upon a time there was this cute girl named Heidi. She always posts on her blog the most amazing adventures that she and her remarkable husband has. It is so much fun reading about all that they do! She also looks very beautiful and glows as her pregnancy continues. We love her.

Ps: had no idea a go girl even existed! Ewwwww!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

What a cute tummy you have! Loved all the pictures!

Rachel said...

You seriously need to update. That is all.

Belinda Olsen said...

Dear Heidi,

Please come back to blogging so I can see photos of your beautiful Meilee!

Sincerely,
Belinda

Christensen Family said...

We miss you!!!!