Tuesday, April 19, 2011

AN EARLY EASTER

The Easter Bunny came early this year
He (or is it a she?) had too.  I gave him/her no choice.

The Bunny always brings a basket for the two of us to share.  Growing up my mom would hide our Easter baskets around the house for use to find.  Since our day of wedded bliss I have played the same "hide and seek" Easter basket game my mom did.  Sometimes I do variations in the seeking portion of the game.  I believe that the "hot and cold" game, scavenger hunt, and last years rope thingamajigger are a few of the ways we seek at the McMurdie household.  A month or so I got a "brilliant" idea for this years hunt.

Step 1: Take a picture of me with the basket, bunny ears, and a carrot (cuz bunnies eat carrots) in the place where the basket will be hidden (in this case it was our mini gym).

If I could do this picture all over again I would go somewhere with better lighting, but I was in a hurry and so it is what it is. 
Step 2: Upload the picture to snapfish.com and turn it into a puzzle
Step 3: Divide the puzzle pieces up and put them into plastic eggs
Step 4: Hide the eggs around the house

So obviously he has to find the eggs and put the puzzle together in order to find the basket.  clever?  I think so.  I never mentioned my basket finding method to him because I wanted it to be part of the surprise.

We had planned on celebrating Easter on Friday (for reasons to be blogged about at a later date).  When I got home there was Clayton sitting on the couch smiling.  It was then I noticed plastic eggs laying around the house.  What!?!  No!?!  We had an understanding that I am the one who does the basket...a basket for both of us.  If he did something it meant that it was for me.  Always a one upper.  I went around the house and found 16 plastic eggs.  It was then he told me that I had to open up the eggs.  I opened them up to find slips of paper that had been cut up to be a PUZZLE!  What!?!  Seriously!?! No that was MY idea!!!  He totally STOLE my thunder.    

The slips of paper told me I where I could locate my gift.  GIFT!?!  Oh geez...  Christmas is for gifts.  Birthdays are for gifts.  Anniversary's are for gifts.  Easter is for candy and small treasures and I knew that if Clayton said a "gift" then it was something big. 

The paper said I could locate my gift in a closet.  And of course it was in the last closet that I found the gift.

Contemplating the box contents
Genuine reaction of disbelief
ps. have you noticed the size of my hands lately?  They are H-U-G-E!
A NEW CAMERA!
So not only did he copy my Easter basket finding idea without knowing, but he totally one upped my basket too.  All in the name of love I guess.
oh and P.S. I LOVE it and him (but he could have not spent a dime and I would have still loved him) 
Now it was my turn.
Find eggs - check
Put puzzle together - check
continue putting puzzle together - check
 
Spend more time on puzzle - check
(this puzzle thing was taking longer than I thought)
puzzle, puzzle, puzzle - check
Put last piece in puzzle - check
Discover basket location - check

Basket ingredients
chocolate treats (for me)
salty treats (for him)
picture books
two new games
Chuck (as in Norris) got Jimmered t-shirts
dvd

Happy Easter to All!
Amongst overloading our blood streams with Mini Cadbury Eggs may we all remember the real reason we celebrate this time of year... the fact that Our Savior Jesus Christ has risen.  Because of his great and infinite atonement our lives are forever changed.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

So what camera did you get, because we will all have to copy you!

Kami said...

I know, I know... 2 comments in one day! I'm excited to get a new camera.

amber said...

You guys are so cute! I'm a tad jealous and wish Joe was just a bit more romantic than he is ... *sigh*

mom said...

Oh my! How wonderful you got a new camera. I thought it was funny how you both did puzzles. Very creative you both are. Happy Easter to the both of you! I do have your cadbury mini-eggs if you want them????? Forgot to give them to you Sunday?

Mary Kaye Olsen said...

You guys are the cutest couple I know! And did I mention the funnest!! Never change!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda Over 40 said...

You two are awesome! I never even put my Easter decorations out this year. I have, however, eaten two entire bags of Cadbury Mini-Eggs so I guess that is good enough! Congrads on the new camera! Love You! (Next year I am going to help you pick out the "Puzzle Outfit!!)