Ahhhh...the fair. You might say that it is a tradition for Clayton and I. One of our first dates was to the fair. Since that date we have gone every year. I go for the tradition, Clayton goes for the fair burger. Before I dive into my post on the fair (and the hilarity's of it) I must warn all my Tremonton readers. To you readers I say...please love me after you read this post. Know that I have a soft spot in my heart for Tremonton for that is where Clayton was born and raised. Also, many of the things talked about in this post happen in most fair's not just Box Elder's. So if our relationship is in danger - please stop reading.
ok let's get on with it shall we?
FAIR BURGERS. Everyone loves the fairburger. I personally don't understand the love/obsession for these burgers. Really, I don't. Don't be shocked. If you look deep inside your stomach you will also see that they are just an average burger. gasp. did she really say that? Yes I did. They are just an AVERAGE BURGER. Would someone please explain to me the "awesomeness" of the fairburger? Is the concept that you are eating a burger at the fair what makes it so special? For those of you who are absolutely confused let me explain the fair burger. It is a beef patty between two white buns with melted cheese on it. Sounding special so far? I didn't think so. Once you get that concoction you have the option to put ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, pickles and tomatoes on it. Hmmm...that is what I put on my burgers at home. Interesting. Clayton will starve himself all day just so he can have two fairburgers. At the fair this year he told me the reason I couldn't detect the "specialness" of the burger was because I don't get a double. He claimed that the double is much, much better then the single. I took a bite of his double and...yep just your average burger. Someone else (you know who you are) told me that it is the homegrown tomatoes you can put on the burger that makes it so good. They are pretty good tomatoes, but I still am not buying in to it (sorry person who will rename anonymous). I have had burgers at home, at the Owl, at Wendys, Red Robin, and Chili's that are all better then the fair burger. I'm not saying that the fairburger is bad, I'm just saying that is is nothing special. Now that I have made enemy's with pretty much every Tremontonite let's move on...

Famous? They may be "famous" but not fabulous.

Look special? Didn't think so.
Enjoying the burger. I think he is faking it.
THE BOOTHS. I love going and looking at all the booths that businesses put up. Ok so really I like going and getting all the free stuff they have to offer. Yes I am a mooch. Yes I am. Sadly, there wasn't much to offer me this year. Clayton scored a free try on the Groll Family Fitness bicep curl machine (yes I am a exs graduate so I should know the "technical" name...oh well).
THE ANIMALS. I got pictures of someone the "finest" animals Box Elder County has to offer. First up the Holmgren beef. I thought the butt shot was nice. That's were the good beef is, is it not? Ok so like I really know. Anyways, we went to the fair with Spencer and Aubrey (shout out) and these fine cattle belong to Spencer's family. I wanted to break the news to them (the cattle not the Holmgrens) that they were about to be taken to the slaughter house to become the next fairburger...but then decided that was a little cruel.
Ahh...the homosexual sheep. They also had the Ku Klux Klan sheep, but I didn't get pic's of them.
We spotted Joe Dirt at the fair partaking in the bunny sights. I really, really hope no one knows this man because I will feel sooo bad. These sightings are another one of the reasons I love fairs.
"This rooster has Tremonton hair" Clayton McMurdie - August 2008It's big and poofy and has two extremely different colors.
Remember that Clayton the one who was raised in Tremonton said that...not me!
THE RIDES. As you know I don't handle rides very well. However, I love the Ferris wheel. I don't love paying 10 bucks to ride the Ferris wheel but I do love the Ferris wheel. Oh yeah, you read me right...10 BUCKS! Seriously why don't I just give them my first born or my right arm.
I think that is us.
So good times at the fair as always. Until next year BE County Fair, until next year.---this post is dedicated to Michelle. Thank you for waiting so patiently---
9 comments:
i LOVE fairs. they don't really have them here but every august i think of New Mex and the awesome fair i used to go to every year.
my favorite fair food was the roasted corn and stuffed roasted green chilis (new mexico's claim to fame).
You are hilarious... seriously wish we would have been better friends when we were younger. I think we would have had some good times. P.S. that guy you called Joe Dirt is my brother...
Fairburgers! Tremonton hair! Joe Dirt! It's so true. Too bad you didn't get the plumber butt riding the mechanical bull. What is your email address? We will send you the pictures (not that they are so much better than these....)
The next idea for your Tremonton hair could be calling it the duck butt hairstyle. It's when they have short wirery hair in the back sticking straight up and longer hair in the front along with the crazy contrasting hair styles. Check it out nexttimeyour there.
Hmmm... duck butt.... hmmmm.
You have got to love the fair.
Thanks for the post!! I can feel the love and the laughter.
Thanks Heidi!!
I have got to say, Your posts always make me laugh. I love fairs for the same reason's as you: the hilarious sights such as "Joe Dirt". Things like that really make it a priceless experience
Yay for fairs! So no mullett sightings at the Idaho fair, but I did hear some REALLY WT conversations, like "Holy S, did you see that loogy?" And yes, Heidi, that came from a woman. Sick! And then, right after the parade a lady stood up and said, "I'm hot, I'm b-chy and I need a beer". I Love to people watch! I'm glad that you do the same, maybe sometime we could go to a fair together? And get in double the people watching?!?
Laura, wasn't it you that said that? Good times, Heidi. So. Friday night we're hanging out, right?
Post a Comment